25 January 2012

::The Art Of Crochet Third Quarter::

I have recently finished sewing together the third quarter of the Art Of Crochet partwork.  I have surprised my self that I have been able to keep up with all this crochet lark.  Although the crochet itself has got easier it has also become less interesting as a result.  The complete blanket is made up of 120 squares (from 120 issues) and there are many  many repeats of the pattrens, but they are good for practice and to be able to compare squares and see progress. When I started square one I hadn't actually managed to crochet yet and here I am now whizzing up squares and thinking they are boring!

Here are a couple of photos of the new section.  I haven't sewn it together yet as we use the first half of the blanket and I don't want to turn it into an unwieldy 'L' shape. So now we have one big blanket and one small blanket kicking around on the back of the sofa! Next stop one huge blanket wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

x






1 comment:

  1. I only have the first 52 squares pf the series. Stopped it because I was really struggling with the tension of the squares, but I'm alright just making a lapgahn type thing...

    ReplyDelete